We will again be offering the opportunity for 7 Explorers to spend time in Mountains, looking at navigation techniques, wild camping & spending time in some of the best mountain scenery in the country. During the course, Explorers will cover all aspects of the Navigation badge and the Hillwalking badge.
The dates for this event are;
Sunday 30th March Day Brecon Beacons National Park, Central Region
Saturday 19th – Sunday 20th July Weekend Brecon Beacons National Park, Black Mountain
Weekend Wild Camp Expedition
Friday 12th – Sunday 14th September Weekend Lake District National Park
Weekend in Bunkhouse, 2 Day Walks
- The total cost of this event will be £100. This includes;
- Transport by minibus to each location.
- Expedition food for the wild camp and full board for the bunkhouse weekend.
- Road tolls & travelling expenses.
- Bunkhouse accommodation in the Lake District.
- Specialist & group equipment.
- Qualified Scout activity instructors.
This will be payable as a £20 deposit to secure your place, then £40 around four weeks before the first weekend and £40 four weeks before the final weekend.
You will need to have good quality waterproofs, strong walking boots and warm clothing for each of the trips.
Due to safety regulations, we are only able to offer this experience to 7 Explorer Scouts, these places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Sign up online in the Online Payments area.